MALTA IT LAW ASSOCIATION
MITLA has been setup:
- To promote the advancement and development of information technology law, including but not solely limited to computer law, internet law, electronic communications law, information law, electronic commerce law, remote gaming law and cybercrime, (hereinafter referred to as “ICT Law”) in Malta and the advancement of Malta as an international centre of excellence in ICT Law;
- To actively research, discuss and circulate information on legal developments taking place on the international plane and within the European Union with respect to ICT Law and the knowledge economy;
- To promote with international and regional organisations or associations and other national government and non-government bodies legislative and regulatory changes related to ICT Law and to consider together with these entities proposals for legislative interventions having the same aim;
- To afford opportunities for the discussion and consideration of matters of interest to members of the Association and to undertake or assist in the preparation of legal instruments and papers in respect of such matters; and
- To collect and circulate statistical and other information of interest to the members of the Association and to form a collection of publications and documents accessible to the members of the Association.
Address: MITLA, SmartCity Malta, SCM1001, Ricasoli, Malta
Dr. Gege Gatt
Gege is a lawyer with extensive experience in ICT corporate strategy and operations. He is a founding member of ICON a Microsoft Partner company and a world-class software-applications development company based in malta. As a specialist in ICT law he provides advice on matters relating to Data Protection, Computer Misuse and ICT contracting. He is Vice President of the Malta IT-Law Association and is a specialist examiner in the field of ICT Law for Doctoral thesis submitted to the University of Malta.
As an innovative and results-driven leader he focuses on achieving exceptional results in highly competitive ICT environments that demand continuous improvement. Gege holds a Bachelors degree in Sociology and a Doctoral degree in Laws from the University of Malta. He is a member of the Camera degli Avvocati (Malta), the British Computer Society and the Chamber of Commerce, Malta. Gege is ITIL certified, a regular contributor to Business-IT publications and a speaker at ICT events.
Dr. Yanica Sant
Dr Yanica Sant occupies the position of Senior Legal Counsel. She graduated as a lawyer from the University of Malta in 2016 and was subsequently admitted to the bar in 2017. She is currently reading for an LL.M in Computer and Communications Law at the Queen Mary University of London. Yanica’s main areas of work include providing advice on the application of gaming regulation and on policy matters, and drafting guidelines and legislation. She is involved in all EU and international matters pertaining to the gaming industry, and is also currently focused on the MGA’s increasing focus on player protection and the application of the GDPR to the same industry. She is an executive Board Member of the Malta IT Law Association (MITLA)